YOU are the Mission. Fairbanks Rescue Mission wouldn’t be able to serve so many precious men, women, and children without the generosity and dedication of friends like you. No matter what your skills, we can find a way for you to share, love, and hope with those in need. To volunteer, please download the volunteer application and E-Mail it to our Volunteer Coordinator. For any other questions or information about volunteering, please call us at 907-452-5343 ext. 2201.
- Recycling Center – Sorting recyclables, assisting our Green Collar Job programmers, and helping with receiving of recyclable materials. Ideal for large groups and weekend volunteering.
- Kitchen – Help prepare meals, serve, and clean up.
- Joshua Community Projects-Help build cabins for graduates of our long-term programs. To sign up to volunteer, click
- Facility Maintenance Support - Support our Facility Maintenance Manager with meeting the needs of our building issues. Skills in carpentry, painting, welding, etc. appreciated.
- Event Support – Thanksgiving & Christmas
- Donations – Sort clothing and other goods, stock clothing rooms and organize toiletry closet.
- Twin Bears Camp – Basic upkeep of the camp, summer volunteer host, firewood, yard work, painting, carpentry projects, and summer renovation.
- Friday Night Movie – Organize an event for our residents, complete with snacks and movie.
- Small Group – Organize and hold a Christian based book group, knitting circle, craft time, Zumba, yoga or exercise class for our residents.
- Clerical – Be a Christ-like presence at the reception desk, help with newsletter mailings, office work, etc.
Must be 18 to volunteer without the presence of a guardian or parent. This includes community service volunteers.