If you’ve always wanted to work for a Christian organization and to be able to minister to people as a part of your job, Fairbanks Rescue Mission is a wonderful place to be. Our jobs are demanding jobs requiring compassion, good boundaries, and Godly wisdom. You will be a part of a committed, supportive team with training in all aspects of your position with a strong emphasis on leadership.
FRM is a nonprofit, Christian organization that serves homeless and poor men, women, and children of interior Alaska. Qualified applicants may email their application, resume, and cover letter to Administration (please enter the "position title" you are applying for in the subject line) at email@example.com. You may also fax those items to (907) 451-7058, or mail to:
Fairbanks Rescue Mission
723 27th Avenue Fairbanks, Alaska 99701
Our office hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Men’s Night Shelter Manager
Men’s Night Shelter Manager Job Description
Hours: Friday - Tuesday (subject to change), Swing Shift, 40 hours
Pay: $15.00/hr. starting pay
Definition of Position:
Under the direction of the Men’s Shelter Manager, the Men’s Shelter Night Manager oversees nightly operations of the Rescue Mission and maintains all related records. Responsible for making the Rescue Mission run efficiently by performing a wide variety of duties to oversee the cleanliness, orderliness, safety, and security of the facility and its residents.
• A mature Christian with a sincere desire to show Christ’s compassion.
• Ability to enforce rules and follow policies is essential.
• Experience working with people with addictive behaviors, mental illness, and/or co-occurring disorders strongly desired.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills, ability to multi-task, strong organizational skills, and crisis intervention skills.
• Must be able to maintain confidentiality, work with minimal direction, and make decisions involving significant discretion.
• Ability to handle cash.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
• Computer literacy, including a good working knowledge of basic software applications.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Able to enjoy continuous people interaction while presenting a pleasant, helpful demeanor.
• Able to demonstrate proficiency in using Microsoft applications.
• Physically able to walk the grounds on a periodic basis to conduct building security checks and lift up to 40 pounds.
Minister to the physical and spiritual needs of those coming to the Rescue Mission.
Maintain a safe and secure environment for all clients by enforcing policies and regulations and addressing crisis situations.
Responsible for calling law enforcement and professional medical assistance when necessary.
Client check-in at the Men’s Desk, including receiving payment and issuing receipts.
Maintain Shelter records on a computer and prepare weekly status reports.
Provide after-hours on-call services as assigned.
Other job-related duties as assigned.
Immediate Supervisor: Men’s Shelter Manager
To Apply: Submit your resume in person at Fairbanks Rescue Mission, 723 27th Avenue or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please complete a job application and send along with your resume. We will accept applications until the job is filled.